Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Flash Games for Healthy Relationships




Finally, one of my first projects as Studio Picotee has come to life on the web! It's been one of the hardest ones to explain, so now you can see it for yourself.

My client, Power of Two, is a marriage counseling service, and they were awarded a grant from the federal government to create interactive content that teaches relationship skills to unwed, expecting parents. A pretty narrow segment, I know! I think we did a pretty good job of creating a collection of games to teach and demonstrate positive skills for preserving a relationship during a time of life changes.

As Creative Director of Power of Two, I oversaw the look and feel of these games, and created many of the flat templates that the animators used to make the games a reality. And I also designed the Power of Two logo as well as the ads on the BabyFit site pointing you to the games. This was definitely an educational experience for me, as I learned a lot about flash animation, game design and more about the technical side of design like this. We're currently working on episodes 7 and 8, and they're getting better every time.

Take a look at the first three games posted here on BabyFit. Feel free to play them comment on them etc. And I hope you enjoy them!