Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's funny what you find on the internet...

Every now and then I get a note from someone telling me they saw Studio Picotee's work somewhere online that I wasn't expecting. I guess it's a good thing to get this unsolicited press, but it'd be nice to know it's happening!

Just the other day, a vendor sent me a note saying she saw a write up on the design of the Wag Hotels pet store on the VMSD website. That was a nice place to be featured since it's a site that focuses on exactly the kind of work we do at Studio Picotee - retail store design, graphics, and merchandising.

Then I found that a similar and more in depth write up was used on the B&N website. B&N was the fixture supplier that I specified for the Wag store because of the versatility and simplicity. I'll admit, that despite a bit of a learning curve at the beginning, the fixtures ended up being very easy to use. The cables are a bit of a hassle, but in the end they looked good and will be easier now that they're up. Unfortunately Wag hasn't really utilized the cables since then to really take advantage of the versatility, but I think Wag is suffering from the same economy woes as everyone else. I hope that once things bounce back, we'll be able to get back in there and do some more fun window displays and store graphics.


But in the meantime, it's fun to find ourselves online and the work liked enough to be highlighted as a case study!